Here are five species of intensely colorful spring birds. Can you identify them from just the small parts that are visible?
Today’s quiz features a bonus
We have a winner! Congratulations to Chuck, who will get the signed copy of Bright Wings. Thanks to everyone who played, there will be another chance next week.
Everyone who submits a perfect score by 6 PM Eastern Time on Thursday May 3rd, will be entered in a drawing to win a prize.
The prize this week is a signed copy of my collaboration with poet Billy Collins –
Bright Wings: An Illustrated Anthology of Poems About Birds – a fantastic collection of bird-related poetry with fifty of my illustrations. (It would make a great Mother’s Day present…. Alternatively, you can just order it from Amazon).
After you get all five questions correct, just be sure to click the “Get Results” button at the end of the quiz and then submit your results.
There is no limit to how many times you can attempt the quiz, so feel free to keep trying until you get all five questions right.1
Scroll down to take the quiz, and good luck!
With thanks, again, to Brian E. Small for providing the beautiful photos. You can see lots more at his website.
- Some more rules: This contest is open to anyone, however, the prize must be deliverable by the United States Post Office to an address in the United States or Canada only. No shipments outside of this area will be made.
The winner will be notified by email.
Entering your email address means that you might receive occasional emails from me in the future about Sibley Guides news and events, but I will never give your email address to anyone else. [↩]
Related posts and pages:
- Quiz 25: Wing patterns Update: Congratulations to Alvan, the winner of the Backyard Birds poster. Thanks to all...
- Quiz 28: More Warblers Update: Congratulations to Vjera, the winner of this week’s prize drawing! Thanks to all who...
- Quiz 38: More feathers, and a prize Today’s quiz features a bonus And we have a winner – Congratulations to Nicholas!...
- Quiz 36: More Warblers Today’s quiz features a bonus And we have a winner! Congratulations to Laramie, and...
- Quiz 53: Eastern Sparrows in early September Below are three sparrows photographed in Concord, MA on 11 Sep 2012. Can you identify...
- Quiz 35 – More warblers from below Like a previous quiz this one shows warblers as they are so often seen in...
- Quiz 33: Small songbirds by their wings This quiz shows just the bodies of five species of small drab songbirds with wingbars....
- Quiz 11: Head feather groups and simple color patterns This quiz is about taking the feather groups you’ve learned in previous quizzes, and applying...