You don’t need to be on this page unless I have sent you an email with the link. To purchase artwork, first confirm the price and shipping costs (this is probably already in the email you received).
- If you prefer to pay by check or money order you can mail it to the address I have provided.
- If you prefer to pay by credit card you can click on the Paypal button above, which will take you to a secure Paypal page where you can make a payment to Sibley Guides for the amount of your purchase.
- Massachusetts residents must add sales tax of 6.25% to the purchase price.
Shipping by USPS Priority Mail (1 to 3 days) to addresses within the US is included in the purchase price. Shipping to international addresses will be billed at cost.
- If you are paying by personal check I will wait for the check to clear and you should allow for that in addition to shipping time.
- Money Orders or Paypal/Credit Card orders can be shipped immediately, although there will be times when I am traveling and unable to ship any art for up to two weeks at a time, so be sure to check with me if you need something quickly.
I understand that no digital image can truly convey the look and feel of a piece of original art, and that you take a leap of faith by buying art you’ve only seen through the website. If the artwork you receive is not what you expected, or is unsatisfactory for any reason, simply contact me and return it in its original condition for a full refund.
Informal terms for Commissioned Work
You and I will discuss and come to an agreement on the species and posture desired, and I will produce a painting that meets my own standards of quality. I will make every effort to follow your wishes within the limits of the format and style of the artwork being offered (7 x 9″ watercolor portraits of single birds with limited background).
No formal due date is set or promised. My acceptance of your request for a commission is not a legal obligation to produce such a painting. I will make an effort to complete the art within four weeks of accepting the commission, and will keep you informed if there are delays beyond that time.
Payment is due after the art is completed, and after you have seen a digital image and have agreed that the art looks acceptable. Then, after I receive your payment the art will be shipped to you (at my expense to US addresses).
If, upon seeing the actual art, you consider the work unsatisfactory for any reason you may then return it in original condition for a full refund.
If you reject the artwork as completed, I make no promise to modify the artwork or to paint another that might be more satisfactory. You are under no obligation to accept the work, and under no obligation to send any money until the artwork is satisfactory. Conversely, once I have produced a painting that I think is satisfactory and fulfills your request, I am under no obligation to do any further work on it. You can still ask, and depending on the time involved and other factors I may or may not agree to modify a painting.